SoftwareProjects loves physical products. They increase the value and perception of products in the eyes of the customers. This page covers the terms and requirements of selling physical products, including CD’s, books, supplements, etc, with SoftareProjects.
Supported Fulfillment Houses
SoftwareProjects is integrated with all major domestic fulfillment companies:
• The Planet Fulfillment (3PL Central)
• ShipCentral and JetPack (VeraCore)
• Melprints (Melprinting)
• Rapid Fulfillment
• NFS (National Fulfillment Services) Fulfillment
Requirements for new Fulfillment Houses
If you're using a fulfillment house that we're still not integrated with - no worries! We're constantly adding new ones to the list of supported fulfillment houses.
To qualify, SoftwareProjects needs the following API endpoints from your fulfillment house:
• New orders (after an initial delay in case the customer changes his/her mind)
• API to "intercept" cancel orders that have been sent to the fulfillment center, but have not been shipped yet
• API notification once the product has been shipped to ensure orders are marked as "Complete", and passing on the tracking ID’s
• API to be notified when a product is returned to the fulfillment center so that SoftwareProjects can apply an automatic refund
• API to check on inventory
Promotional Guidelines for Physical Products
This category includes books, CDs, DVDs, and other physical products, excluding supplements.
Supplements include dietary supplements, food, pet food & care, skin care, over the counter
drugs/oils and performance products.
The same promotional guidelines exist as with digital products. In addition, Shipping and
Handling (S&H) must be clearly identified on the sales page. Refund policies must be updated to
incorporate physical product return requirements.
When submitting a supplement or dietary product for approval, whether for human or animal
consumption, you must provide the following as part of the reviewal process:
• Copy of the label on the sales page
• A sample of the product, when requested. Shipping address will be provided
• Copy of the full label (product image and ingredients) as a jpg file as part of the
• Supporting certifications based on the claims noted on the label, ie. 100% natural, cGMP,
• A certification that product is compliant with Proposition 65 (California’s Safe Drinking
Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986).
• Certification of Analysis
• A certification/statement from lawyers that the product is legal, when applicable
• Commercial General Lability Insurance.
SoftwareProjects Suppliers will maintain a policy, which will provide coverage for damages arising from
suppliers's services, including without limitation, damages for bodily injury, property damage,
or personal injury. This policy will name SoftwareProjects Limited as additionally insured and
will be non-cancelable without thirty (30) prior day’s prior written notice.
• The liability coverage will not be less than One-Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00) per
occurrence with a general aggregate limit of not less than Two-Million Dollars
• SoftwareProjects Suppliers will provide SoftwareProjects Limited with a copy of this policy
• SoftwareProjects Suppliers will notify SoftwareProjects Limited in the event of notice of any claim or any
potential claim on or against its commercial or general liability insurance.
Commissions on Physical Products
SoftwareProjects permits a revenue share or a CPA (cost per action) commission to be rewarded
to the affiliate. The revenue share commission is taken from the price of the product, excluding
Shipping and Handling. The CPA must be smaller than the Average Order Value (AOV).
Shipping & Handling
SoftwareProjects Suppliers must determine a Shipping Profile for physical products, which are generally
dependent by region. These can be set up by the Supplier, or by a member of SoftwareProjectsDevelopment Team. Be sure to advise SoftwareProjects of any geo exclusions.
Each physical order must be fulfilled right away (this includes proper processing times). If
SoftwareProjects determines a Client has an inventory issue, which is determined by an
algorithm, then feels during the time of hardship will be increased, as the risk of selling the
physical product increases.
Fees will not increase, if SoftwareProjects is responsible for the manufacturing of SoftwareProjects Suppliers'
Inventory cannot reach below an average two week needed supply to cover projected sales. See
the adjusted rates* below:
• Chargeback fee will increase to $100
• Transaction fee will increase to 10% +$1
• Allowance will increase to 30%
The adjusted rates are non-refundable or adjustable
SoftwareProjects will take further action, if the inventory issues persists for more than 7 days:
• Checkout page will be disabled
• An email will be sent to all affiliates
• Shipping delay will be communicated to customers
Suppliers can expect to see an increase in refunds, which is in an effort to preempt chargebacks.
Processing Address Changes
Customers can change their shipping addresses, either through SoftwareProjects.com via the Self
Tool, contacting SoftwareProjects Support, or by contacting you.
An address cannot be shipped, once an order has processed. The order may be intercepted via the
carrier by the customer, or the customer has to refuse/send back the package.
Customer refund requests can be handled in two different ways.
Customer returned the product and a credit is applied automatically with the API via the
fulfillment house, or the customer may provide SoftwareProjects with the return tracking info,
and a refund will be applied immediately.
Please note that the refund is for the full amount, including the cost of the product and S&H.